Trinity Decorating Services Ltd are always looking for ways to become innovative whilst ensuring the wellbeing of their staff.
We have gone, and continue to go through, dramatic changes with the COVID-19 pandemic especially in regards to safety and assurance of loved ones. Over the last year our staff have spent more time at home whether that be through furlough or looking after dependents and upon their return to work the clear message was “it was great to spend time with loved ones and catch up on household chores”.
Trinity Decorating have taken this message seriously and decided to look into a four-day week where staff would have the opportunity to:
- engage with loved ones
- develop new skills
- arrange appointments
- relax and simply do things they enjoy.
There have been case studies carried out on companies who have already adopted a 4-day week and the benefits to the individual as well as the company was an outcome that Trinity Decorating wanted to pursue. To name a few:
- Increased productivity
- Improved employee engagement
- Smaller carbon footprint
- Improved work/life balance
- Reduced stress and improved happiness among staff
We initially sent out a poll to our staff asking if a 4-day week would be something they would like to adopt; the response was an agreement to go ahead.
Trinity Decorating will be moving to a 4-day week Monday to Thursday 07:30 to 17:30 starting on Monday 3rd May 2021.
What will this mean for our clients?
- We are not changing the number of hours our staff are working therefore there will be no change to the timescales for completing your project.
- You will still have a point of contact for your contract
- Our staff will only be at your property 4 days a week instead of 5
- The ability to contact and liaise with us out with the normal 9 to 5 working day thus providing first level support to better serve you and meet your expectations.
- The increased productivity will also undoubtedly be a very positive outcome for our clients.
- We will have more time on the project each day to deal with any matters that may arise.